Utah Jive Assistant Event Planner
When it comes to planning entertainment for a wedding, private party, or corporate event, more people choose Utah Jive than any other company in Utah! Utah Jive provides a wide range of services that help make our clients events, memorable, less stressful, and a whole lot of fun! We are looking for top talent to fill our open position as an Assistant Event Planner. This position may be in the form of an internship where you may be eligible for college credit or as a normal part-time position. The Assistant Event Planner will play an integral role in assisting with the coordination and production of Utah Jive events. We are looking for a go-getter that desires hands-on experience in event planning and production. The applicant must be ultra dependable, detail-oriented and high-energy. The desired applicant will have background experience in any or all of the following areas: event planning, customer/guest service, sales, public relations or marketing. Under the supervision of Utah Jive’s Event Staff, the intern will be responsible for assisting in various phases of event planning and production. This position will be involved all phases of Utah Jive event planning and production in areas including but not limited to:
- Respond to phone and email inquiries
- Establishing relationships with new vendors
- Day to day logistical planning
- Generating and managing content for Utah Jive social Media outlets
- Communicating with clientele, vendors, and Utah Jive performers
- Creating additional opportunities to generate revenue from events
- Assisting in the running of booths at bridal shows
- Event setup and execution
- Event evaluation and follow up
Requirements: Interpersonal Skills:
- Ability to work independently, quickly and under pressure (essential).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential).
- Ability to work out in front of a crowd while maintaining an energetic and engaging persona.
- Interest in the coordination, planning, and support of events, as well as daily operational and administrative functions.
- Detail oriented thinking.
Experience, Skills and Ability
- Familiarity and enthusiasm for event management and promotions (desired).
- Past or current involvement in any of the following areas: event planning, public relations, customer/guest service, sales, or marketing (desired).
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities at once(essential).
- Excellent written communication skills (essential).
- Be able to work a flexible schedule and attend events outside of normal work week.
- Multi-task oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Good computer skills; familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Programs (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendars)
- Ability to work 10-20 hours a week.
Availability: We’re looking for candidates with an ability to work remotely (no formal office hours will be required) 10-20 hours a week for a minimum of 3 months. Suitable candidates may be considered for a longer internship duration, compensation, or may become eligible for hire as a regular employee of Utah Jive.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume at Jobs@UtahJive.com as well as complete our short survey found HERE.